We are seeking candidates to support the buying team. Alongside completing the CIPS apprenticeship the post holder will develop the skills and knowledge to buy goods and services in an accurate, timely and cost-effective manner, becoming a permanent member of the professional procurement team.
With direction the post holder tasks will include but not be limited to:
- Processing purchase requisitions in line with product specifications and within agreed T&C’s
- Expediting purchase requisitions and maintain up-to-date delivery information
- Supporting the buying team in requests for quotations, analysing price and delivery information
- Accurately update purchasing database
- Building supplier relationships and learn about supplier management tools and techniques
- Monitoring supplier performance in line with contract KPIs
- Resolving invoice and delivery discrepancies
- Providing accurate data/information for monthly department reporting
- Supporting the buying team in ensuring excellence in ethical, environmental, and safe purchasing practices
- Keeping accurate records for audit purposes
- Assisting in monitoring and planning demand for goods/services
- Progression within the buying team to Assistant Buyer supported by further learning and development including higher level CIPS qualification
Please ensure you can get to site when applying for the position. There are good transport links including tram and bus routes from Sheffield, Worksop, Rotherham, and Bolsover to explore. We also have free parking.
- Proficient administration, numerical and organisational skills
- Proficient IT skills using Microsoft Office applications
- Confident communication skills
- Willingness to learn and grow, to challenge status quo, ambitious and motivated.
- Flexible can-do approach
- The ability to prioritise tasks and manage own time
- High level of resilience to take accountability of own actions
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- High attention to detail
- 5 GCSE’s Grade A*-C or 9-4, or equivalent including English & maths
Commercial Procurement and Supply Higher Level Apprenticeship
Training will be a combination of on the job and off the job. The off the job element will include classroom style learning and revision days as well as one to one tutor sessions. Course books and eLearning will also be available for candidates to use.
You will be working towards a level 4 Diploma in Procurement & Supply with the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS).