You will be supporting our Site Services Manager to deliver calibration, installation, commissioning, and fault-finding services at the highest levels. The service department is an important piece of our business that keeps our customers plant running and supports the sale of instrumentation through project delivery.
Some work will be carried out in the office – calibrating on the bench and helping put together proposals and calibration certificates for example, but the majority of the work will be practical, site-based work.
Day to day tasks include:
- Assisting the site services engineer on site
- Ensuring that site safety rules are adhered to
- Performing basic engineering tasks under supervision. You will undertake more complicated tasks as you progress in your experience and qualification
- Writing up site reports and calibration certificates
- Working as part of a larger team towards a common goal of satisfying our customers requirements
There will be regular opportunities to undertake training alongside your apprenticeship and eventually we would expect you to progress into a more senior engineering role, supervising others.
- Opportunity to advance quickly
- Occasional staying away may be necessary (All expenses paid for)
- The ability to communicate clearly
- The ability to work in a team environment and working in a tidy manner are areas we value
- Familiarisation with Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook is important too
- GCSE Grades A-C or 8-5 (or equivalent) in maths and English
- Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Level 3