Private Insurance Apprenticeship
Direct Line Group Services
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
We have diverse people across the 4 placements you will undertake, who you will build trusting relationships with, so they can help nurture your potential and help you flourish in the role.
What you’ll be doing?
Gaining great exposure from the different placements you'll undertake in our team, which are:
- Sales & Service Client Advisor - Handling our clients Insurance requirements by providing appropriate Insurance advice, delivering an outstanding Client expertise and making underwriting decisions on large cases within your delegated authority
- Claims Handler - Responsible for delivering a great customer experience by proactively handling your own portfolio of claims from first notification to settlement
- Underwriter - Acting as a point of referral to our Sales and Service team and underwrite complex insurance risks. You’ll also support by using audit results to design, write and deliver training to increase the knowledge of this team
- Trading Support - Supporting the Trading Manager to understand and lead our business performance (sales, policy cancellations and renewals) to help shape the future business plan
You’ll gain valuable experience working for a market leading Insurance company with a culture that encourages you to bring all of yourself to work. What’s even better is you’ll earn a permanent position at the end of your apprenticeship, if you're performing and successfully complete your studies. Come work for the 3rd Best Big Companies to Work for in 2019.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- A passion for customer service
- Communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Empathy and passion
You’ll need to have or be predicted 3 x A Levels at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in any subject, which you will need to be able to evidence.
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role. All apprentices are required to complete and evidence 20% of the job learning whilst on their apprenticeship.
In addition, the apprenticeship will be delivered primarily via a Babington tutor and you will receive full support from our dedicated team of Training Advisors via workshops, webinars and regularly scheduled reviews conducted face to face.
Our Senior Financial Customer Adviser Level 3 Programme consists of the following:
- Senior Financial Customer Adviser Level 3 Standard
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy Level 2
- End-point Assessment conducted by an external provider (Professional discussion and portfolio)
The end-point assessment is designed to enable apprentices to demonstrate that they are fully conversant in the skills knowledge and behaviours expected of individuals at this level. It is designed to provide assessors with a holistic view of the apprentice, and to allow them to assess to what extent the apprentice meets or exceeds the apprenticeship standard.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.