Premises Officer Apprenticeship
Oak Grove College
HIT TRAINING LTD
The Facilities/Maintenance Officer will assist the Premises Manager across the entire range of their duties and will deputise in their absence and will assist in ensuring that the whole college environment and support services are maintained at a satisfactory and acceptable standard for the full range of college activities.
- Ensure that there is adequate and effective security of the college and its property.
- To perform repairs such as plumbing, basic electrics (i.e. plugs, light bulbs, fuses) carpentry to keep the college in a safe state and to help control major expenditure in the future.
- To perform refurbishment projects such as erecting shelves, partitions, work surfaces as directed within capabilities.
- To carry out weekly/monthly/annual inspections as required, such as heating, cooling, lighting, equipment checks and security including CCTV and alarms.
- To ensure the general upkeep and maintenance of the premises and grounds is satisfactory.
- To include regularly sweeping grounds, mowing field and strimming hedges etc.
- To assist in the maintenance of the college swimming pool and for the maintenance of accurate records.
- To carry out decoration programmes as agreed with the Business Manager.
- To advise Business Manager if a Contractor is required to carry out works. To ensure Contractors are supervised at all times.
- To move furniture as requested, including daily putting out and away tables and chairs in the dining hall.
- To be responsible for maintaining the minibuses. Occasional driving of minibuses to support students when required.
- To ensure pathways and other external surface areas are kept free of litter and weeds etc. and that they are gritted/salted when required during wintry conditions.
- Empty bins as required.
- To ensure that the college is kept to a high standard of cleanliness, deal with any issues that arise and ensure adequate stocks of cleaning materials are available. This will include carpet cleaning, clearing blocked toilets and generally supporting staff to ensure all accidents etc are cleared away and facilities left clean and safe.
- To advise the Business Manager on all relevant Health and Safety regulations and to have responsibility for public safety, accident prevention, reporting and investigation, fire drills, alarms and systems.
- To assist in the operation of the lettings system and college events including being on call evenings and weekends on a rota basis, unlocking and locking up.
- Evening/weekend work to support hirers and events as required in college on a rota basis.
- To support on an ad hoc basis at the other schools within the Thrive Federation of Schools to ensure consistency of service delivery.
- To be on-call in the event of an emergency during college closure times. Contact the appropriate emergency services if required in the event of an emergency and inform the Business Manager immediately.
- To maintain relevant logs, records and information as required.
- To maintain the Key register.
- To be a main key holder for the college, be responsible for routine and emergency opening and closing, ensuring college is locked and alarm set.
- To perform risk assessments and ensure that Health and Safety standards are maintained
- To attend meetings, training courses as directed.
- To undertake such other duties appropriate to the post as may from time to time be required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the college.
- To undertake a full role in their own professional development to ensure they complete the apprenticeship successfully.
The Facilities/Maintenance Officer is subject to the managerial and supervisory authority of the Business Manager and ultimately the headteacher.
Full Time Position
- You will possess practical abilities with a range of maintenance and DIY skills and will work as part of a team.
- You will need to be hard working, versatile, possess commitment, act and initiative.
- Previous caretaking/cleaning/ school work is preferred.
- Good Team Working
- Good Communication Skills
Facilities Management Supervisor level 3 standard
Training provided on site by Hit Training – Functional skills ILM FMS standards
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free