You will be responsible for Childcare & Education among other duties such as:
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children
- Observe, support and extend children's learning
- Plan appropriately for the EYFS and ensure rich and diverse outdoor play experiences are offered
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members
- Demonstrate good practice with regard to special needs and inclusion
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand, and when necessary follow, Child Protection Procedures
- Ensure the nutritional needs of the children are met and Food Safety Regulations are complied with
- Comply with the statutory framework for the EYFS and relevant legislation including the Children Act 1989 and 2004
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with advisory teachers, schools, and other agencies that may visit the setting
- Learn about current developments in childcare and education policy and practice
- Be a key person carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families
Health and Safety:
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery
- Ensure the pre-school is kept clean and tidy
- Operate the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness in nappy changing area and food surface areas
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures e.g. fire precautions, security, dropping off and collection of children
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times
- Level 2 Apprentices are encouraged to continue to obtain their Level 3 as this will lead to a full-time role and potential management opportunities in their career development.
DBS check are required for this role.
- Empathic: a people person who is an excellent communicator: with both adults and children
- Passionate about children
- Creative and energetic
- Good sense of play
- Self-sufficient: someone with a positive attitude, who can take initiative and be relied upon
No formal qualifications required for this role.
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
On completion of this 12-month apprenticeship you will have achieved: Level 2 childcare