Whatever the weather, our postal workers are walking the rounds, playing a vital role in keeping our communities connected, now more than ever. But this isn’t just a job. It’s a development programme too.
Starting date from: 30th August 2022.
This Apprenticeship will teach you everything you need to know about the role of a postie, in providing deliveries to homes and businesses. After your initial training you’ll get practical experience, working independently to:
- Take ownership of your own delivery route
- Ensuring your customers parcels and letters are delivered to time
- Act as a brand ambassador, delivering excellent customer service to your local community
This is a programme full of career opportunities, with plenty of options to scale up your career at Royal Mail. We have loads of opportunities on offer and this programme is a great foot in the door. If you’re ambitious and looking start your career, we want to hear from you.
- We’re also an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at our heart. We welcome applications from individuals of all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants
- We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants
- We offer an industry-leading pay and benefits package with an age specific hourly rate from £6.82
- We also offer a weekly supplement of £23.73 (pro-rata)
These roles are aimed at those who are starting their careers and have had less opportunity to gain the skills and experience needed to access employment for example school leavers. For more experienced candidates, who are of legal driving age who wish to apply, it would be highly desirable for applicants to have already obtained their driving license.
- Holiday entitlement starts at 22.5 days on entry rising with length of service (pro-rata)
- Contributory Pension Scheme*
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Full uniform provided
- Excellent maternity/paternity leave policy
- Cycle2work scheme
- Many varied corporate discounts e.g. lifestyle discounts to include high street vouchers, travel & attraction discounts for family days out, fashion, gifts and health & wellbeing to include discount on beauty products and gym membership
- Have excellent communication skills
- You’ll be self-motivated and find time management an absolute breeze. Deadlines are important at Royal Mail, but if you’ve got excellent organisational skills, you’ll always be prepared
- As our technology continues to develop, you’ll relish the opportunity to get involved and support your colleagues
- Sometimes you’ll be under pressure, but in the face of a challenge your resilience will shine. You’ll get the job done, acting as a friendly face that people know and trust
- You’re proud to make a difference. Our customers and communities rely on our service now more than ever, and we’re looking for apprentices that will take pride in wearing our uniform
- Upbeat and friendly, you’re always prepared to go the extra mile for a customer
- As well as being independent, you’ll enjoy working with others
- With the opportunity to keep fit while you earn, this is a role that keeps you on your feet. With up 4 and a half hours of walking per day, if you love fitness, this programme is for you
- You love the outdoors, whatever the weather. Living in Britain, the weather can get be quite extreme. But whatever nature throws at you, you’ll be happy being out and about in the fresh air
GCSE’s or equivalent in maths and English at grade E/2 or above.
Express Delivery Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Together with other RMG apprentices, you’ll work and study to complete the apprenticeship in 13 months and gain your Level 2 Postal Apprenticeship
- There will be plenty of additional learning opportunities along the way from online learning, to video tutorials and 1-2-1 coaching
- You’ll also have practical learning opportunities that will supported by your dedicated Learning & Development Practitioner (LDP) from our apprenticeship partner Babington
- You’ll be given time to complete your apprenticeship training and will be fully supported with your End Point Assessment as you approach the completion of your apprenticeship
Get your foot in the door:
This is a programme designed to help you build the foundations of work and life skills, with plenty of support to progress your career at Royal Mail. We have loads of opportunities on offer and this programme is a great way to get your foot in the door. If you’re ambitious and looking to kickstart your career, we want to hear from you.
We are particularly interested in hearing from young people, especially school leavers who find it more difficult to get their first job. We also want to increase the diversity of our workforce by encouraging young people to join us so that we better reflect the society and communities we serve.