- Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technicians plan, select, install, service, commission and maintain all aspects of plumbing and heating systems
- Plumbing and domestic heating technicians can find themselves working inside or outside a property
- Customer service skills and being tidy and respectful are important qualities as they can often find themselves working in customers’ homes as well as on building sites
- As a competent Plumbing and Heating Technician, the installation of plumbing and heating systems includes accurate measuring, marking, cutting, bending and jointing metallic and non-metallic pipework
- Appliances and equipment can include gas, oil and solid fuel boilers as well as pumps, heat emitters, bathroom furniture or controls as part of a cold water, hot water, and central heating or above ground drainage and rainwater systems
- Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technicians are at the forefront of installing new and exciting environmental technologies like heat pumps, solar thermal systems, biomass boilers and water recycling systems
- It is important for a plumbing and heating technician to be able to work independently or as a team and use their knowledge and skills to ensure that both the system and appliances are appropriately selected and correctly installed, often without any supervision, and done so in a safe, efficient and economical manner to minimise waste
Skilled plumbing engineer, team leader, manager.
- Being able to follow instructions
- Having good communication skills
- Being methodical and organised
- Having good concentration
- Being able to work to strict deadlines
The person we are looking for will be:
- Fully committed to learning the job.
- Not afraid of hard work.
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
GCSE English and maths 4-9/A-C.
- Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- Full on the job training
- 1 day per week college attendance