Duties will include:
- To assist in all plumbing duties
- To undertake general duties as required
- Studying & ultimately completing the relevant qualification
- Assisting with preparing costs for quotations for customers
- Ensuring that all work is carried out to the highest standard
- Cleaning the job site area after the work is completed
- Maintaining the highest standard of customer service
- To maintain regular contact with the Senior Plumber to obtain instructions and gain experience
- To comply with all relevant health & safety regulations as set by the Senior Plumber
The opportunity to progress within the business.
- As an apprentice you can apply for an NUS Apprentice extra card, which can be used at hundreds of high street and online brands. https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
- Starting salary is negotiable and will be dependent on age and capability
- Due to the nature of the job, the successful candidate will be required to travel to site at various locations within Leicestershire; therefore, a full UK driving licence will be required. (You will be provided with a work vehicle once you have progressed on your apprenticeship course.)
- There will be opportunities to do overtime when it is available
- Workwear and PPE will be provided along with you receiving a tool allowance
- Some basic plumbing knowledge and skills would be an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Be able to use your own initiative
- Be able to follow instructions
- Attention to detail
- Well mannered and polite
- Hardworking and focused
- Dedicated to succeeding both at work and in college
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English and maths (or equivalent).
(If you do not already meet this criteria, we will ask you to sit initial assessments to indicate which level you are currently working at).
Advanced Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technician Standard.
- Block release to our Stephenson campus, Coalville. (Part of the SMB Group)
- Functional skills if necessary
- On-the-job training
- Off-the-job training