What will the apprentice be doing?
New build sites only. Must have a good attitude.
The exact job depends on the employer, though all plumbers have the skills and knowledge to get the job done properly and safely.
A plumbing and domestic heating technician will need to be able to:
- Work at height
- Work alone or with little supervision
- Build relationships
- Read building and engineering drawings
- Understand heating control wiring and circuit diagrams
- Choose materials and equipment
- Carry out accurate measuring, marking, cutting, bending and jointing of pipes
- Inspect and test installations
- Diagnose and fix faults
- Write reports
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- City & Guilds or BPEC Level 3 Plumbing and Domestic Heating NVQ Diploma
- Industry certifications specific to fuel type
- Functional skills as applicable: Level 2 English and Level 2 Maths
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The advertised Apprentice wage will increase yearly or upon completion of progressive stages. After initially qualifying, you could go on to supervisory roles, senior management positions or even running your own business..
Reality CheckPlease create a JTL Applicant account or logon and take the assessment. You must ensure you load an up-to-date copy of your CV to your JTL profile. You will also need to provide proof of Colour Vision.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 1 - 7) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 1 - 7) Desired