M.V. Kelly has a considerable investment in plant and is the largest contracting purchaser of Hitachi plant in the UK. A solid workforce and modern plant allows the business to deliver work to a high standard that has been well recognised by clients. The company operates a 3-year replenishment cycle policy and purchases additional items to facilitate the demanding workload. All plant is subject to a planned preventative maintenance schedule and M.V. Kelly pride themselves on the high standard of their plant, with presentation for the business and clients being key. By owning and maintaining our own plant we can ensure we have the best and safest equipment without being reliant on external plant hire. M.V. Kelly’s fleet consists of excavators, dumpers, commercial vehicles, and cars with a combined fleet holding a figure of just under £42m.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Answering and logging calls received from site
- Feedback to site on timings/equipment where necessary
Whilst training to undertake:
- Plant recalibrations
- Buying plant and associated items
- Maintenance of fuel
A full time role within the company.
In November we will be moving to a new Head Office based in Shirley, Solihull and you must be able to travel there.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate an extremely high level of confidentiality
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Must be able to gather and analyse information skilfully
- Confident, ambitious and motivated personality
At least 5 GCSE’s grades 9-4/A*-C and/or at least 2 B’s at A level (or equivalent).
Business Administrator apprenticeship standard.
As part of your learning you will learn to know:
- The organisation
- Value of their skills
- Relevant regulation
- Business fundamentals
- External environmental factors
Functional Skills in English and maths as required.
End Point Assessment.