The Doosan Babcock Limited Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme is over a 48 month period, leading to a professional qualification recognised by the Welding Institute.
The broad purpose of the role is to manually weld tubes and pipes to high standards of quality and integrity using a minimum of two manual arc welding processes: Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) and Manual Metal Arc (MMA).
You will be trained to work within strictly defined processes and procedures to exacting standards and ensuring compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations, planning and preparing work and maintaining welding equipment.
- You will have the opportunities to travel within the UK & Overseas whilst training with an established world leading energy services business
- On offer are excellent salary and benefits packages coupled with sector leading development opportunities and so much more
- It is a requirement of the apprenticeship that you will live and work away from home
- All applications for these vacancies must be made online through our website
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- If you require assistance or further information please contact Sue Parker on 0121 530 5169
- A willingness to learn
- Enthusiasm, commitment and flexibility
We require at least one qualification in both English & Mathematics from the following minimum options:
- 4 or C grade GCSE or international GCSE qualification in either English, English Literature, English Language, or English Language and Literature
- Level 2 Functional Skills qualification in English
- Level 2 Key Skills qualification in either Literacy or Communication
- Scottish National 5 in English grade C or above
- Or equivalent qualification
- 4 or C grade GCSE or international GCSE qualification in either Mathematics, Linear maths, Modular maths, Application of maths, Methods in Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, Mathematics - Numeracy, or Use of Mathematics
- Level 2 Functional Skills qualification in Mathematics
- Level 2 Key Skills qualification in Application of Number
- Scottish National 5 in Mathematics Grade C or above
- or equivalent qualifications
- Pipe welder level 3
- Expert training delivered over a 4 year period to gain a professional qualification recognised by the Welding Institute