The photography assistant will be involved with a wide range of photography tasks and will learn first hand, all aspects of being a professional photographer by working alongside a busy photographer in London. The successful applicant will accompany the photographer on shoots, both in the studio and on location throughout London. This will mean you’ll get the experience of setting up lighting and working with clients helping to direct shoots. Additionally, the post holder will help to set up photography-related events and exhibitions throughout the year.
An important aspect of the role is editing and post-production, so you will be trained on how to use Lightroom and Photoshop so that you can produce professionally retouched images that will be delivered to clients.
- The employer is looking for the apprentice to transition into a full-time member of staff
Work from home, with work at various locations across London. The main studio is in Kennington.
Additional Benefits Laptop, studio membership
- Good IT skills
- Customer focussed attitude
- Willing to learn on the job
- Good focused attitude
- Passion for photography
GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and maths at grade 4 (equivalent to a C) or above is required.
- Photographic Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- The programme will be delivered over an 18-month time frame and includes monthly masterclasses supported with on-going 1:2:1 interaction with the learner
- After the training phase learners will pass through to 3 months end-point assessment (EPA) phase
- This will be spent in preparation for their independent EPA against the official Standard of the skills, knowledge and behaviours deemed necessary by the industry, in order to competently perform the role
- If the Apprentice does not have level 2 English and/or maths (or equivalent), there will be a small number of additional classes and access to online resources to prepare for Functional Skills assessments
For details of the programme please refer to the Standard & Assessment Plan link below: