Pharmacy Technician Apprentice
ONE STOP HEALTHCARE LTD
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
You will have to learn all the key aspects of Pharmacy practice. This will consist of interacting with vastly different customers with different issues. Showing compassion, understanding and good judgement of how to deal with different people. You will also have to deal with other healthcare professionals and learn to communicate quickly and concisely. You will have to quickly learn the many procedures in community pharmacy which safeguard the staff and the wider community. Learning about how to safely and legally, use and store personal data. Having very good IT skills is essential to this roll along with the ability to focus whilst working under pressure.
Duties will include;
- Customer liaison
- Operating tills
- Dealing with cash
- Checking-in incoming stock
- Checking product expiry dates
- Checking product pricing
- Inputting data into electronic point of sale systems
- Advising clients on their choices / their medicines / referring them to relevant services
- Creating Dossett packs (combinations of specific medicines) ready for them to be checked by the pharmacist.
- Answering the phone
- Managing service delivery reports
- Filing invoices and delivery notes
- Maintaining cleanliness and tidiness of pharmacy
- Prescription assembly and accuracy checking; prescription filing
- Disposal of unwanted medicines
- Dispensing suitable medicines as needed
- Sale of OTC medicines
- Stock control, stock ordering, stock receipts and integrity checking (e.g. ensuring deliveries are correct and that no stock goes out of date)
- Undertaking enhanced in-house Health and Safety training
- Maintaining patient confidentiality at all times
Please take a note of the VAC reference number of the vacancy that you are interested in as you will be asked for this during your application.
To apply for this apprenticeship, you will need to attend an appointment with our College Curriculum team. On the next screen you will be asked to apply for the apprenticeship online. Once you have applied, you will be sent an email and a letter inviting you into the College to meet with the relevant curriculum team who will confirm that you are eligible for the apprenticeship.
If you have already applied and attended an appointment session at one of our colleges, please contact your Recruitment Advisor to discuss your interest in this specific vacancy. You do not need to apply again to the college.
The Apprenticeship Recruitment Team – BMet 0121 362 1121
Once proven to be a good addition to the team I see no reason why not to keep them employed at this pharmacy.
As part of this apprenticeship, you will be required to travel to both the employer location and also attend college. Please ensure that you have researched your travel arrangements and are happy with the time it will take and distance required to travel, before you apply for this vacancy.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Good IT skills, communication skills and listening skills.
Hard working, fast learner and always pushing to improve themselves.
Minimum A*-C or 9-4 GCSE’s in maths, English and science or equivalents.
- A competence based qualification NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills
- A knowledge based qualification Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science
- Key or Functional Skills (if required)
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free