Peugeot Citroen Customer Service Advisor Apprenticeship
Robins & Day Motors
CALEX UK LTD
The Apprenticeship Programme is geared toward training the right candidate to become a qualified Vehicle Service Advisor. But what does a Vehicle Service Advisor actually do?
The Vehicle Service Advisor role varies slightly by employer based upon the specific needs to the location. The below explanation is therefore a guide to support you in understanding what the role might entail.
A Vehicle Service Advisor deals directly with customers and acts as a go-between between the customer and Service Technicians, scheduling vehicle service work. They will handle administrative and customer relations aspects of service department operations.
Their duties may vary slightly from employer to employer depending on the size of the company, but they commonly include:
- Interpreting customer concerns and comments and liaising with technicians
- Booking/scheduling vehicle services
- Liaising with customers about any additional work required
- Estimating time and costs associated with repairs
- Handling customer complaints
- Responding to customer requests
- Tracking the vehicle through the workshop
There are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our expanding Dealer Network. Your early development is carefully mapped through your Apprenticeship journey with your learning focussed toward achieving an industry recognised qualification that's recognised across the Motor Industry.
This is the grounding for your future development within the network and opportunities exist, once qualified, to further develop your skills and to move into new roles.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group and appointment will be based on merit alone. Being committed to equal opportunities, if you have a disability please state this during the application process. Measures will be put in place to support you through your application and the apprenticeship journey.
- Excellent communication & listening skills
- Problem solver and have attention to detail
- Be very safety conscious
- Be patient & well organised
- Comfortable with the use of up to date information technology
- The ability to work as part of a team, supporting a number of colleagues
- Willingness to learn
- Team working/working with others
- Motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
- Problem solving
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English. Predicated grades are accepted.
'Equivalent' grades include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key skills Level 2
- Functional skills Level 2
- Level 2 Customer service practitioner
- Our Apprenticeship Programme is an excellent way of ensuring we have high quality people working within our business. We're looking for ambitious candidates ready to take ownership of their development, work hard to achieve their potential and grow with an ambitious employer
- The programme typically lasts for 18 months and you'll achieve a nationally recognised qualification - Customer Service Practitioner. We will support you to gain your functional skills, if you require them in maths and English
- Block training is complemented by a combination of regular coaching visits from one of our experienced coaches as well as virtual classroom sessions and e-Learning modules
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.