Are you excited about the prospect of starting a career within the People Profession? Would you like to be part of a modern, progressive, and efficient People Team delivering an excellent service to the organisation and it's employees? Would you like to earn while you learn? Our People Apprentice role could be just what you're looking for.
This is an exciting role within a People Team, transitioning from a traditional, paper-driven, and transactional HR Team, to a modern, progressive, and efficient People Team. At the beginning of your career within the People Profession, you will gain exposure to a wide range of People-and-Payroll-related issues and processes. As a People Apprentice, you will provide a full range of support activities across on-boarding, day to day people operational activities, and payroll, whilst studying towards your Level 3 CIPD qualification through an approved apprenticeship framework. This is an exciting opportunity to begin your career in the People Profession, within an experienced, friendly, and supportive People Team.
Outline of key responsibilities:
- Provide an excellent customer service, building relationships with employees to develop cross-team collaboration and trust
- Support on-boarding activities, such as loading new starters onto the HR system, Cascade, producing employment contracts, and scheduling new starter’s first days
- Initiating and supporting the production of all necessary documentation through the employee life cycle, such as variation letters and other ER-related letters
- Participate in people processes, for example, capability and disciplinary meetings; gathering information, taking notes etc.
- Support with Learning and Development; sourcing and booking training and development activities/events as required and processing of invoices
- Be the point of contact for initial questions and issues coming into the Havebury People Team, handling these in an appropriate manner and signpost people where you are unable to support them
- Triage calls coming into the People Team phone number, assisting with queries where possible, or directing the call to the appropriate member of the team
- Support the Payroll function with monthly processing of Payroll, assisting with processes such as overtime inputting
- Be a mentor for future apprenticeship cohorts within the organisation, supporting them as they embark on the journey into a new profession
You will be given full support to ensure your confidence in all that you do, and you will be given exposure to some really exciting elements of what a People role can entail.
As a People Team, we all work closely together, supporting each other where necessary. As such, you will occasionally be asked to carry out work for other members of the team, however, your mentor and day-to-day contact will be Ben Staples, People Operations Coordinator.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there will be the opportunity of full-time employment within the People Team. We are also committed to providing further training to ensure continuous development and growth. A key project that we would like our Apprentice to be involved in is the expansion of our Apprenticeship scheme. So, further down the line, there is a really good opportunity to gain some mentoring /management experience, whilst supporting others through their new careers.
In this role, you will predominantly be home-based, however, there will be the occasional need to come into the office, for meetings and other tasks, so you should have some form of transport to do so. We also like to get together as a team socially, where possible! All IT and DSE-related equipment will be provided to you. The role is predominantly computer-based, therefore the role will involve a lot of computer work, as well as some time on the telephone.
Havebury offers a great benefits package to it's employees; we currently have 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), a generous pension scheme, a health cash plan, as well as an online discounts platform. On top of this, we are offering a salary above the national apprentice rate. The standard "office hours" are 8.30am - 5.00pm, with an hour lunch break, however, Havebury operate a flexible approach to working and so there is flexibility within this, which will be discussed at interview stage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good ICT skills, including the use of Microsoft software (Word, Excel, etc).
- Able to build excellent relationships with colleagues and clients
- High attention to detail and excellent command of written and spoken English
- Ability to meet deadlines and expectations
- Able to plan and prioritise allocated tasks within prescribed timescales
- Understand the importance of maintaining confidential information in a professional manner
- Adapts positively to changing work priorities and patterns when new tasks need to be done or requirements change
- Pleasant, friendly personality
- Have the confidence to communicate with people at all levels within the organisation
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Excited to start a fantastic career within a People Team
- Truthful, sincere and trustworthy in their actions
- Highly organised and driven
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as independently
- Shows integrity by doing the right thing
- Has the courage to challenge when appropriate
- Stays positive under pressure, and can deal positively with setbacks when they occur
- Five GCSEs, which must include Maths and English. Grades 9 - 6 desirable, but 9 - 4 essential
- Evidence of further education, for example ‘A’ levels, B-tech, or NVQ level 2, would be desirable
Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship