What will the apprentice be doing?
- Be the first point of contact for all first line queries that come into the People Support Team; answer department incoming calls, emails, service now requests & general face to face enquiries.
- Monitor, respond and/or acknowledge, forward and action all basic people related queries
- Interest in / basic understanding of the people lifecycle and employee experience journey
- Day-to-day responsibility for supporting the implementation of the
- Careys people offering, utilising resources and administering as required and in line with the SLAs
- Quickly and effectively gain understanding of customer requirements and provides accurate and tailored information to meet needs
- Escalate any issues/queries to the people advisor champions as required to ensure that company procedures are followed, and a professional service is delivered to the business
- Utilise People systems to record data that provides accurate HR analytics and reporting.
- Raise orders using the appropriate company procedure. Check invoices against orders and process payments
- Constantly look at ways to ‘streamline’ and improve the people service processes using improved systems and approaches (Microsoft forms, COINS, Service Now)
- Complete HR tasks such as processing new starters, leavers and processing reference requests
- Complete L&D tasks such as collating and recording completed training registers, certificates, and results of any courses.
- Complete Social Value, Early Talent and Resourcing tasks such as organising interviews and diary management, learner check-ins, updating learning agreements.
- Submit accurate and timely monthly grant and levy claims.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will do one day a week training with your learning provider, this will most likely be online. You will receive a business administration level 3 at the end of the apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once you have achieved your business admin level 3 you can specialise further with higher level apprentices or choose to go further along the business administrator path.
Reality CheckThis is a role within the human resources team so you should research what working in HR is like to see if it is suitable for you.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent core subjects (Grade 4) Essential