What will the apprentice be doing?
- Support the work of school staff to deliver high quality PE and school sport.
- Prepare, assist, lead and review PE and School Sport sessions across the school.
- Assist with assessment data for Assessment of Pupil’s Progress.
- Commitment to lead and deliver extracurricular activities to include after school clubs.
- Arrange publicity or photographs for necessary achievements.
- Complete and maintain all appropriate data and administration associated with the role of PE and School Sports Apprentice.
- Promote Health, Safety and Welfare and support Equality and Diversity in PE and School Sport.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will undertake the level 3 Teaching Assistant with PE and School Sports apprenticeship.
Training takes place online and at the academy site, with regular visits and support from your apprenticeship tutor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of a permanent role on completion of the apprenticeship. Progression to level 4 Sports Coach apprenticeship.
Reality CheckExperience is not required but you must be enthusiastic and keen to learn new skills, with a good eye for detail.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent PE/Sports (Grade 4/C) Desired