Patient Services Apprentice - Intermediate (Level 2)
WEST HERTS COLLEGE
During the course of the Apprenticeship, the apprentice will rotate round all four teams within the Patient Services Department. The Apprentices will report to the various Team Leaders and work to targets set by them whilst in their area of the business, throughout the training programme they will have the support from a buddy and a mentor.
The Apprentices will gain a Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 2 in partnership with Together Training and West Herts College.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Processing daily prescription orders
- Making phone calls and emailing customers, GP surgeries and nurses
- Responding to answerphone messages
- Setting up new patients on the system
- Promoting products and services to customers in order to grow the business
- Identify business opportunities and convert these into sales or pass to the relevant teams
- Resolving customer complaints or queries with tracking of deliveries
- Take part in departmental meetings
The Apprentices will have contact with other departments within the organisation which will include Distribution, Order Office, and Clinical Services.
Upon successful completion of the Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship, apprentices can apply for any suitable vacant positions within the Patient Services Department.
Securicare (Medical) Ltd is based in the Knaves Beech Estate in Loudwater, High Wycombe so applicants should live within easy commuting distance of our offices.
The Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship will be run in partnership with Together Training and West Herts College and Apprentices will be required to attend workshops at the College once a month.
- Communication skills
- Team working
- Time management
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Customer service skills
- IT skills e.g. experienced user of Microsoft Office packages e.g. Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Can-do attitude
- Flexible and innovative approach
- Demonstrate a desire to improve own performance with a commitment to put learning and development into practice
- Goes the extra mile to deliver excellent customer service
- Calm, mature, and professional manner
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths, English, and ICT.
Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard.
There will be a series of Masterclasses throughout the programme in College and off the job training will also take place in the workplace. All 20% off the job training during contracted working hours is monitored and recorded.
If you need to complete Functional Skills, you will be required to attend College once a week. Apprentices without maths or English at level 1 must achieve this level and take the test for level 2 maths and English before the end of the apprenticeship
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.