The Vehicle Parts Advisor role varies slightly by the employer, based upon the specific needs of the location. In this instance, you will be employed in one of our regional Parts Hubs where you will start in Warehouse and distribution to understand the foundations of the hub then spend some time with the administration team to understand how they operate. You’ll then train on the phones speaking to customers and selling parts.
The Parts Hubs themselves are regional sales and distribution centres for the Peugeot, Citroen, and DS brands and provide a parts service to all of our UK dealers.
Duties may vary from employer to employer but will typically include:
- Advising customers on how to solve a problem with their vehicle
- Taking orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
- Maintaining an ordered stock room and finding parts from stock
- Raising invoices for parts sold
- Liaising with other members of staff
- Working alongside on-site Service Technicians to ensure they have the parts needed to complete their daily work
The job is computer-based most of the time, within an office environment. Technical knowledge and Sales skills will be developed at the same time in equal measure.
Ability to complete online training courses, use how-to manuals, interest in economics are all elements that will help you succeed in this position.
Customers may include members of the public, service departments of dealers, and garages.
- There are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our expanding dealer network
- Your early development is carefully mapped through your apprenticeship journey with your learning focused towards achieving an industry recognised qualification that's recognised across the motor industry
- This is the grounding for your future development within the network and opportunities exist, once qualified, to further develop your skills and to move into new roles
- We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group and appointment will be based on merit alone
- Being committed to equal opportunities, if you have a disability, please state this during the application process
- Measures will be put in place to support you through your application and apprenticeship journey
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- The Peugeot Citroen DS Academy commits to supporting the development of its apprentices technical, employability and broader personal development skills, to ensure they can progress and develop their career. That is why, when it comes to selecting the right people to become Peugeot Citroen DS apprentices, it’s as much about attitude as it is about vocational and academic success
- Willingness to learn
- Team working/working with others
- Motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
- Enthusiasm for our industry
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English. Predicated grades are accepted
Equivalent grades could include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key skills Level 2
- Functional skills Level 2
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Standard qualification:
- Our apprenticeship programme is an excellent way of ensuring we have high-quality people working within our Dealer Network. We're looking for ambitious candidates ready to take ownership of their development, work hard to achieve their potential and grow with an ambitious employer
- The programme typically lasts between 12-and 24-months dependant on the career path chosen and you'll achieve a nationally recognised qualification
- We will support you to gain your Functional Skills, Core Skills in Scotland if you require them in maths and English
- All of our apprentices are employed through the Dealer Network and attend week-long block training at our state-of-the-art Training Centre in Coventry
- Block training is complemented by a combination of regular coaching visits from one of our experienced coaches as well as virtual classroom sessions and e-Learning modules