The role of a vehicle parts advisor is to provide each and every one of our customers with consistently high levels of service within the parts department.
This exciting apprenticeship programme is ideal for someone who enjoys engaging with people and wants to learn more about stock management, vehicle parts, maintenance and repair. We’re seeking ambitious people who are keen to develop a long-term career with an ambitious brand.
The role of a Vehicle Parts Advisor:
The apprenticeship programme is geared toward training the right candidate to become a qualified vehicle parts advisor. But what does a vehicle parts advisor actually do?
The vehicle parts advisor role varies slightly by employer based upon the specific needs to the location. The below explanation is therefore a guide to support you in understanding what the role might entail.
Parts Advisors are also known as vehicle parts operatives. They are responsible for ordering, selling and managing stock control on a wide range of vehicle parts and accessories.
Duties may vary from employer to employer but will typically include:
- Advising customers on how to solve a problem with their vehicle
- Taking orders from customers both face to face and over the phone
- Maintaining an ordered stock room and finding parts from stock
- Raising invoices for parts sold
- Liaising with other members of staff
- Working alongside on-site service technicians to ensure they have the parts needed to complete their daily work
- Customers may include members of the public, service departments of dealers, and garages
There are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our expanding dealer network. Your early development is carefully mapped through your apprenticeship journey with your learning focused towards achieving an industry recognised qualification that's recognised across the motor industry.
This is the grounding for your future development within the network and opportunities exist, once qualified, to further develop your skills and to move into new roles.
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnic group and appointment will be based on merit alone. Being committed to equal opportunities, if you have a disability, please state this during the application process.
Measures will be put in place to support you through your application and apprenticeship journey.
The PSA Academy commits to supporting the development of its apprentices technical, employability and broader personal development skills, to ensure they can progress and develop their career. That is why, when it comes to selecting the right people to become PSA apprentices, it’s as much about attitude as it is about vocational and academic success.
- Willingness to learn
- Team working/working with others
- Motivation for the role/automotive and engineering interest
- Personal responsibility and career ownership
- Enthusiasm for our industry
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English. Predicated grades are accepted.
Equivalent grades could include:
- BTEC first diplomas and certificates
- OCR Nationals
- Key skills Level 2
- Functional skills Level 2
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)