We welcome applications from individuals with a Learning Difficulty or Disability, Autism, or an additional need. This role involves providing administration support to the Local Linked Support Team.
The team works with adults who have autism and/or a learning disability, providing advice, guidance and support to access services, groups, and opportunities in the community. You will be part of a team that works to support adults who have autism and/or a learning disability to ensure they can lead meaningful lives.
This part time role presents an opportunity to learn more about working in a team environment, developing a good understanding of existing systems and processes, while providing support to the wider team.
Whilst working, you will be studying towards a Business Administrator, Level 3 qualification. Working for 25 hours per week the duration of the Apprenticeship will be 21 months, plus 3 months for End-Point Assessment (EPA).
Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to a high quality, efficient and effective business, and administration support to the team
- Responding to requests and queries in a timely and efficient way
- Maintaining confidential records according to Essex County Council guidance
- Dealing with correspondence for the team or service in a timely, consistent, and professional manner
- Taking and producing minutes of meetings
- Making room bookings and managing meeting requests
- Engagement and communication with colleagues
- Collating customer feedback and performance information
- General administration duties e.g. scanning, copying, archiving, data cleansing etc.
- Sharing knowledge and good practice with colleagues and highlighting more efficient ways of doing tasks
- Completion of the ECC Corporate Governance E-Learning modules and other work-based training
ECC is a large and very diverse organisation which believes staff development is critical to our success. Our apprentices have access to a wide variety of career enhancing training and development in preparation for a more advanced role as well as further qualifications if desired.
We offer excellent career prospects for the right candidate, depending on attitude and performance during the apprenticeship, and over 85% of our apprentices go on to secure permanent roles with us.
There are many opportunities for future progression and development within Essex County Council
You may be required to travel to offices other than your normal place of work so flexibility to travel is desirable.
You will be given up to ½ day of NVQ study time per week to contribute to your apprenticeship.
The work carried out will be predominantly office based but will be varied and you may be required to work across different functions gaining experience and opportunities.
The role may involve long periods of time carrying out data inputting work and certainly long periods of time working at a computer.
You may be asked to deal with sensitive social care issues and confidential information of which must be treated in a discreet and professional manner.
- Communication skills
- IT skills
- Personal organisation skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Desire to develop yourself
Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy (or equivalent).
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship, to include:
- Level 3 Diploma
- Level 2 Knowledge Component
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Functional Skills (as required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)