Paralegal Apprenticeship - Conveyancing
CILEx Law School
**Please note that the employer would be interested in an immediate start, with enrolment onto the apprenticeship taking place in September 2020**
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work with the principal solicitor within the Property Department, including contact with Clients and others involved in the conveyancing transaction.
- To make and receive telephone calls so as to provide updates of information to relevant parties as required.
- To prepare and process correspondence and documents through word processing.
- To assist with the preparation and collation of correspondence and property reports.
- To ensure that an effective filing system is maintained.
- To assist with the dispatch of outgoing correspondence and enclosures.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of the firm’s and client documentation and information
- To undertake any specific training when required
The ideal candidate will have the confidence to deal with various individuals and groups. You will be supported to undertake recognised qualifications whilst gaining invaluable on-the-job experience. You will need to be a team player, reliable, adaptable, conscientious, and able to work to instructions to do so.
CILEx Law School has strong employer links within this industry sector and following on from successful completion of this apprenticeship there may be the opportunity for progression onto Chartered Legal Executive training.
If you will be required to commute, then please carefully consider the cost and time involved before applying for the role.
This is a monthly paid post and you are required to work a month in hand and you will be entitled to receive statutory minimum annual leave. The salary will be £11,193.00 per annum.
You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work.
You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.
- Ability to work with technology
- Ability to work in a business environment
- Customer service skills
- Practical ability
- Ability to work within the physical nature of the job
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Use of Email/Internet
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Meeting deadlines
- Understanding of confidentiality requirements
- Mature attitude
- Ability to deal with sensitive personal client situations effectively
- Planner/thinking ahead
- Leadership skills
- GCSE grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English.
- 3 A Levels grade C or above.
Paralegal level 3 standard
CILEx Law School is the training provider for this paralegal apprenticeship.
The two-year apprenticeship includes the CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice. We are experts in delivering this qualification to apprentices. Apprentices will study:
- Foundations in law and professional practice
- One area of law most relevant to the role
- Its associated area of legal practice
- Client Care Skills
- Legal Research Skills
We offer live interactive webinars in small class sizes. We do not teach by recorded webinars.
In addition, we support paralegal apprentices to achieve the Paralegal Standard through:
- regular one to one work-place visits by a legal trainer;
- guidance on compiling a portfolio to meet the requirements of the Paralegal Standard and
- skills training.
There would also be job-specific training through working alongside experienced staff at the employer.
You may need to study English and Maths depending on prior attainment.
CILEx Law School provides effective and accessible training for a wide range of professional and vocational legal qualifications. Our emphasis is on quality, innovation, and flexibility in course delivery, coupled with excellence in customer service. We are wholly owned by the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, and have been delivering legal training for 35 years and legal apprenticeships since 2012.
For more information, see www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.