What will the apprentice be doing?
- Reviewing documents and incoming post
- Managing, inputting and collating information and data
- Draft documents/correspondence for review e.g. letters, case files, emails, forms
- Assist with the inception, progress and completion of client files
- Provide support to the Legal team, e.g. arranging meetings, general administrative support, organising travel and accommodation requirements
- Handling confidential and sensitive information
- Communicating internally within Legal team and externally with third party solicitors
- Assisting the Legal team with legal matters generally
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As well as working towards the 2 year Paralegal apprenticeship there are lots of additional learning and development opportunities to support you in your role, from workshops that will help you with communication through to technical workshops like excel.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a permanent vacancy from day one with excellent career development opportunities and study support. Working in the legal team you will be given exposure to a wide range range of work and projects. The opportunity to learn across a diverse team that is fast paced, innovative and dynamic environment will develop skills that are readily transferable in the wider market / future career path. Typically we have had previous apprentices that have gone on to be paralegals and solicitors.
Reality CheckYou need to be at least 16, and be studying for (or have finished) your A-Levels or an equivalent. You don't need any minimum grades, but you do need to share our passion for common sense.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Common Sense, Ambition
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 (and above)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (and above)) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade Pass) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Any (Grade Pass) Desired