The role of a Paralegal Apprentice is varied and may include:
- Produce, edit and draft legal documentation and standard forms
- Significant liaison with Court Managers, Listing Clerks and Counsel’s Clerks
- Minute and note taking at client meetings, settlement negotiations, mediation and court
- Cataloguing and collation of documentation for disclosure exercises, trial bundles and instructions to Counsel and experts
- Drafting general correspondence and initial drafting of instructions
- Dealing with internal and external client queries via email and phone
- Use excel and PowerPoint to produce reports and stats
- Management of filing systems and data entry
- Assisting with the inception, progress and completion of client files
- Carrying out research
- Handling confidential and sensitive information
- Understand and utilise basic financial information
- Any other administrative tasks, as required
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the firm.
- Responsible to: Senior Solicitor or Senior Paralegal
- Liaison with: Partners, fee earners and non-fee earners at all levels within team, listing clerks, counsel’s clerk and other similar personnel
Please note the online Assessment Centre for this position will likely take place on 25th or 27th of May 2021.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, we hope that the majority of apprentices will be able to apply for a permanent position as a paralegal or move onto the solicitor trailblazer apprenticeship (subject to performance and vacancies).
By the end of the apprenticeship, paralegal apprentices will be able to demonstrate that they have an understanding of legal and regulatory requirements, be able to undertake legal and factual research and practice good file management.
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. – Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries or would like more information.
- A high level of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal skills and the ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to exercise judgment and use initiative
- Effective personal organisational and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple demands and prioritise workloads
- Common sense and commerciality
- A positive, enthusiastic and proactive approach to their work
- Confidence with IT systems and databases
- 5 GCSEs A*-C (4-9) including maths and English or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum of 96 UCAS points (C,C,C) from top 3 A Levels or equivalent qualifications
As a Paralegal Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Paralegal Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
Additional learning within the apprenticeship will enable you to be awarded a Level 4 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services which can afford you exemptions from the first two years of the Level 7 Solicitor Apprenticeship.
Your apprenticeship shall be delivered by a blend of online and face-to-face training from and on-the-job learning.