Paralegal Apprentice - Advanced (Level 3)
North Yorkshire County Council
NORTH YORKSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
Are you our future legal professional?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly and forward-thinking employer as a Paralegal Apprentice giving the opportunity to develop in the role and start a legal career, following successful completion of the apprenticeship.
As our third Paralegal Apprentice, you will join Legal and Democratic Services and over the two year apprenticeship period you will undertake training to support the various legal teams including Property, Business & Economic Development and Commercial Partnerships & Procurement, Children’s, Adults, Education & Employment.
The ideal candidate will have the confidence to deal with a variety of individuals and groups, communicating positively and effectively through both verbal and written communication.
You will be supported to undertake recognised qualifications whilst gaining invaluable on-the-job experience. You will need to be a team player, reliable, adaptable, conscientious, and able to work to instructions.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and processing correspondence and documents
- Processing of road closure notices, press notices, land registry searches, registration of leases and land charges
- Ensuring an effective filing system is maintained and case management is up to date
- Assistance with the preparation, collation, production and timely distribution of court bundles
- Written and telephone contact with clients, courts, suppliers, social workers, medical professionals, legal chambers, police and third parties in relation to case requirements
- Making arrangements for a variety of meetings
- Drafting letters and court applications under supervision
- Carrying out legal research
- Occasional attendance at Court
- To be confirmed by employer
- Enjoy a range of benefits including a generous annual leave entitlement, flexible working scheme, various financial discounts and employee benefits
- This two-year paralegal apprenticeship has been designed for prospective paralegals or unqualified fee earners who would benefit from structured training and professional qualifications
- Please refer to the person specification for qualification entry requirements.
- This is a Level 3 Apprenticeship and further information can be found at https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/paralegal/
- For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Pauline Smurthwaite on tel: 01609 532858 or Jackie Dawson on tel: 01609 533103
- Awareness of Equality legislation
- Awareness of Information Governance
- Demonstrate experience of working on own initiative
- An ability to interact positively with colleagues and clients
- Clear, concise and logical verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to embrace new initiatives, technology and software
- Commitment to use of plain English and evidence of plain English skills
- Time management skills
- Literacy and numeracy skills at a minimum level 2
- 5 x GCSE grades A*- C (9-4) or equivalent, specifically maths and English
- 3 x A Level (or equivalent) - minimum grade C
- Paralegal Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free