Paid Social involves advertising in the sponsored listings of social platforms like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Every time a user sees or clicks an ad, the advertiser pays the social platform – meaning advertisers need to get their ads in front of the right people at the right time to ensure a cost-effective marketing strategy. Paid Social advertisers therefore consider business goals, target audiences, ad creative and a whole host of other factors when creating and managing campaigns.
Our Junior Executives rapidly build a balanced portfolio of clients that vary by size and vertical. A crucial part of the role is using specialist platforms to implement Paid Social strategies that deliver on client goals – but the fun doesn’t stop there! We love analysing and identifying performance-boosting opportunities and working with clients to ensure they’re getting the most out of their Paid Social campaigns.
Life as a Paid Social Executive at Merkle B2B:
Learning. From day one, you will swot up on the core aspects of account management – campaign implementation, optimisation, troubleshooting etc. Beyond that, you’ll be invited to forums, workshops and other events – we know it’s paramount to keep up with industry trends and developments, so the learning never stops!
Clients. You’ll foster strong, professional relationships with your clients, keeping in regular contact with them through a variety of mediums. In partnership, you’ll work towards achieving the very best performance for their Paid Social advertising.
Happiness. It’s hard to overstate the importance we place on employee happiness. We want all our employees to enjoy coming to work in our offices (which we’re rather proud of!) and working in a super-friendly and supportive team. At Merkle B2B, everyone has a voice and a part to play in driving the organisation forward.
Growth. There’s a huge range of opportunities here at Merkle. You might want to become an ambassador for a particular area of Paid Search or be part of a cross-channel working group – whatever it is, we’ve got the willingness and the know-how to help you on your way!
A few of the benefits Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too.
Starting salary of £21,600 - £25,000, depending on experience.
Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship.
Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits:
A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days.
Diversity & Inclusion:
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
- Highly articulate in verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed logic and reasoning skills, including an aptitude for data analysis
Finally, we expect that you’ll have really done your research into Paid Search. You don’t need to be a pro (we don’t require you to have any previous experience!), but we absolutely need to see that you’ve read up on recent trends, are familiar with the industry and have nailed understanding the basic concepts. There’s so much to read online; hopefully once you start, you just want to keep reading!
- The ability to work autonomously and to efficiently manage multiple projects
- A keen eye for detail
- Evidence of an excellent academic record
- Enthusiasm, initiative, and drive
- Curiosity about the digital industry and the world of business
- A co-operative and supportive personality; a true team player
- A strong sense of professionalism and a deep respect for others
5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English.
You will undertake the ground breaking Apprentify Level 3 Digital Marketer apprenticeship standard.
We have designed our programme to offer you 4 distinct routes to focus your career path and specialise in areas such as Social Media, Search Engine Marketing, Web Design or Web Development. These paths are designed to jump start your career and make you stand out in a competitive field increasing your future earning potential.
During the 15 months of training you will learn cutting edge theory and industry practice across three Knowledge Modules:
- Marketing Principles – starting with the basics you will learn how to effectively target customers based on their wants and desires as well as how the sales and marketing funnels work. You will understand what makes customers buy or not buy and how marketing can influence this as well as how to effectively focus on target markets and manage customers to make them loyal to a business
- How the Web Works – delving into the technical you will learn the Principles of Coding and how marketers create effective web sites, designs and user interfaces. This includes how web design and development drive engagement and conversions
- Driving Return on Investment – using data to create detailed customer insight, you will learn how to use industry leading platforms (including Google Analytics) to understand the online customer journey and improve your marketing based on customer usage of your website
What you will receive:
- A chance to earn whilst you learn amongst leading industry professionals
- Full support and coaching from an experienced Development Coach with excellent industry experience
- Onsite monthly visits / mentoring and coaching sessions
- Graduation in under 15 months
- Access to the very latest online technical and marketing training
- Marketing projects based on real life scenarios within your business to enhance learning
- Develop expertise in an area to develop your career with our bespoke Path to Mastery
- Digital skills and coaching in social media marketing, Google advertising, copywriting, website design and development, content production and tools to enhance digital marketing
In addition to all of the above, all of our applicants will go through our Assessment Centre. This exclusive session is designed to identify your digital strengths and weaknesses to help us match you with the perfect employer and the perfect role to start your career in the best way!