Packaging Professional Degree Apprenticeship
SHEFFIELD HALLAM UNIVERSITY Enterprises Ltd
As an AstraZeneca Apprentice in PT&D you will have a unique opportunity to learn within a multi-national company gaining useable skills whilst working closely alongside industry experts and professionals. The workplace experience acquired during your apprenticeship will ensure you develop the skills to provide good prospects for future scientific positions in AstraZeneca and the pharmaceutical industry in general.
In addition to gaining valuable working experience you will have the opportunity to study towards professional qualifications dependant on your chosen department whilst earning a competitive salary. You will be supported throughout your apprenticeship by mentors and managers committed to developing your full potential within AstraZeneca.
The apprenticeship programme commences annually in September at the Macclesfield site and we are offering a Packaging Professional Degree Apprenticeship within Pharmaceutical Technology and Development. You will be working in a team that covers all aspects of packaging within the research area of AstraZeneca, spanning pre-clinical, late clinical phase and commercial products. As a team member you will be part of all aspects of the team’s work in supporting:
- The science of packaging including Quality control testing of packaging components where laboratory skills are key
- Understanding the influence of pack choice on product properties
- Exploring how to make the impact of pharmaceutical packaging on the environment as low as possible
- Packaging design and how the patient interacts with the medicine
We are offering a role in Global Product Development and this will follow the Packaging Professional Degree standard and further information of the apprenticeship standard can be found at;
As part of the apprenticeship you will work towards gaining a BSc Degree in Packaging Technology with our chosen training provider (to be confirmed).
Your apprenticeship will provide you with transferable core skills and knowledge. In addition, you will gain skills specific to the working practices of your department. The requirements of the Apprenticeship are designed to offer stretch and progression.
Further training as required will be confirmed at the start of the apprenticeship. Training to be part of the contracted hours making up the working week.
Additionally, achievement of the apprenticeship standard will lead to recognition as an Accredited Packaging Professional by the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining.
This will be a 4 year Fixed Term Contract opportunity based at Macclesfield with a competitive salary on offer.
Successful candidates will be notified after the closing date and will be asked to attend an Assessment day during week commencing 27th April 2020 in Macclesfield.
If you share our passion for scientific excellence, find out more at careers.astrazeneca.com
These positions are not open to those already educated to Bachelors degree level or above – for which we have specific Graduate Programmes, see our website for more details https://careers.astrazeneca.com/students
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Passion for science, sustainability or design
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- High numeracy and literacy skills
- High organisation skills and confidence to work independently
- Logical thinking to be able to apply processes
- The ability to apply a rational approach to problem solving; making judgments based on sound reasoning, approaching problems in a logical manner
- Concerns for standards
- Computer literacy
- The ability to learn
We are looking for candidates with;
- GCSE mathematics and English at grade C or grade 4 or above or equivalent, plus one of the following
- A minimum of 112 UCAS points including at least 64 points from two A levels, or equivalent BTEC National qualifications. We accept AS levels. We accept General Studies
- A minimum of 96 UCAS points from three A levels, including at least 64 points from two A levels, or equivalent BTEC National qualifications. We accept General Studies
This is a 4 year Packaging Degree Apprenticeship programme where the successful candidate will work as part of a small team, combining practical work experience with training in Packaging Development to gain a BSc in Packaging Technology at Sheffield Hallam University.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
About the employer
As one of the worlds leading pharmaceutical companies, ours is a history of breakthroughs in medicine that have made life better for millions.
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.