What will the apprentice be doing?
Day to day activities include:
- Producing customer orders from scratch
- Interpreting optical prescriptions and drawings
- Correcting faults and re-assembling of glasses
- Carrying out testing and adjustments
- Prepare and maintain materials and equipment
- You’ll also make sure that you are producing the highest quality assured product
Such benefits which you will receive for working with Specsavers are:
- Earn a salary whilst learning new skills
- Structured career opportunities for the future
- Get experience of full-time work and enjoy paid holidays
- Work for a friendly employer who values you
- Receive comprehensive and structured training
- Learn transferable as well as job-specific skills
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 - Spectacle Maker Apprenticeship
- Daily on the job training in store - no college to attend
- Full-time 5 out of 7 days
- Training provider - Specsavers Optical Superstores Limited
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Your on-the-job training will sit alongside structured learning that will lead to a nationally recognised qualification
- At the end of your 20 months as an apprentice, you’ll be a full -fledged Optical Technician
Reality CheckBefore applying, please check that you are able to travel to the store location on a daily basis bearing in mind the salary etc.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Logical
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 (A-C)) Essential