Day to day activities include:
- Producing customer orders from scratch
- Interpreting optical prescriptions and drawings
- Correcting faults and re-assembling of glasses
- Carrying out testing and adjustments
- Prepare and maintain materials and equipment
- You’ll also make sure that you are producing the highest quality assured product
Such benefits which you will receive for working with Specsavers are:
- Earn a salary whilst learning new skills
- Structured career opportunities for the future
- Get experience of full-time work and enjoy paid holidays
- Work for a friendly employer who values you
- Receive comprehensive and structured training
- Learn transferable as well as job-specific skills
Your on-the-job training will sit alongside structured learning that will lead to a nationally recognised qualification and at the end of your 20 months as an apprentice, you’ll be a fully-fledged Optical Technician.
Before applying, please check that you are able to travel to the store location on a daily basis bearing in mind the salary etc.
- Organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to work hard
- Reliable and passionate
- Motivation and enthusiasm to deliver a great product
- A willingness to learn
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent/predicted) in maths and English.
Level 3 Spectacle Maker apprenticeship standard.
Training provider - Specsavers Optical Superstores Limited.
To find out if there are any Optical Technician Apprenticeship vacancies in your area or to find out more information, please search the Specsavers Career Site https://join.specsavers.com/uk/find-a-job/