Day to day activities include:
- Producing customer orders from scratch
- Interpreting optical prescriptions and drawings
- Correcting faults and re-assembling of glasses
- Carrying out testing and adjustments
- Prepare and maintain materials and equipment
- You’ll also make sure that you are producing the highest quality assured product
Such benefits which you will receive for working with Specsavers are:
- Earn a salary whilst learning new skills
- Structured career opportunities for the future
- Get experience of full-time work and enjoy paid holidays
- Work for a friendly employer who values you
- Receive comprehensive and structured training
- Learn transferable as well as job-specific skills
Your on-the-job training will sit alongside structured learning that will lead to a nationally recognised qualification and at the end of your 2 years as an apprentice, you’ll be a fully-fledged Optical Technician.
Before applying, please check that you are able to travel to the store location on a daily basis bearing in mind the salary etc.
- Commitment to work hard
- Reliable and passionate
- Motivation and enthusiasm to deliver a great product
- A willingness to learn
A*-C/9-4 GCSE in both English and maths (or equivalent/predicted result).
- Level 3 - Spectacle Maker Apprenticeship
- Training provider - Specsavers Optical Superstores Limited
- To find out if there are any Optical Technician Apprenticeship vacancies in your area or to find out more information, please search the Specsavers Career Site https://join.specsavers.com/uk/find-a-job/