What will the apprentice be doing?
- By giving customers top-notch advice (as well as a warm welcome to the store)
- Booking in eye tests
- Pre-screening patients and measuring frames
- You’ll also make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible by looking out for any little problems that crop up
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Optical Assistant apprenticeship standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Full-time 5 out of 7 days
- Daily on the job training in store - no college to attend
- Training provider - Specsavers Optical Superstores Limited
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At the end of your apprenticeship, you'll be a fully-fledged Optical Assistant with a massive range of career options ahead of you.
Reality CheckBefore applying, please bear in mind the salary and check that you are able to travel to the store location on a daily basis. This is an entry level position; you must not have worked in the optical sector before.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Friendly
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-3 (A*-D)) Essential