Optical Assistant Apprenticeship - SEVENOAKS SPECSAVERS
SPECSAVERS OPTICAL SUPERSTORES LIMITED
We’ve got the vision if you’ve got the drive!
Become a qualified Optical Assistant in just 13 months – and get paid while you’re at it.
At Specsavers, we’re always looking to the future. Which is where people like you come in. Our apprenticeship scheme gives you the chance to really set yourself up for a great career in a fantastic company, and earn a full-time wage at the same time.
We say company, but when you join us you’ll actually become part of a family.
This apprenticeship opportunity will give you the chance to spend 10-12 months building the skills and confidence that come with training in a paid full-time job, all the time surrounded by a friendly, highly-experienced team who will support you every step of the way. The apprenticeship duration is 13 months to allow time to apply and check your skills, knowledge and behaviour.
- Earn a salary whilst learning new skills
- Structured career opportunities for the future
- Get experience of full-time work and enjoy paid holidays
- Work for a friendly employer who values you
- Receive comprehensive and structured training
- Learn transferable as well as job-specific skills
And that’s just the start. With a highly respected and award-winning business behind you – one that invests in its people – there’s nothing to stop you getting on here. Who knows, you might even end up running your own store in years to come.
Day-to-day, you’ll help us out:
- By giving customers top-notch advice (as well as a warm welcome to the store)
- Booking in eye tests
- Pre-screening patients and measuring frames
- You’ll also make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible by looking out for any little problems that crop up
Your on-the-job training will sit alongside structured learning and off the job learning that will lead to you becoming a fully qualified Optical Assistant. But we’re just as happy to learn from you too, so a head full of ideas will come in handy and could make a real difference to how we do things right across the business.
At the end of your apprenticeship, you'll be a fully-fledged Optical Assistant with a massive range of career options ahead of you.
Before applying, please bear in mind the salary and check that you are able to travel to the store location on a daily basis.
This is an entry level position you must not have worked in the optical sector before.
- Enthusiasm to deliver the great customer service our Specsavers visitors love
- Communication skills
You will need to be:
- A willingness to learn
- First up, you’ll need a grade A-D or 9-3 GCSE in both English Language and maths (or equivalent/predicted result)
Training to be provided
- Specsavers will be providing the training
- Optical Assistant Apprenticeship
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.