Optical Assistant Apprenticeship - ILKLEY SPECSAVERS
SPECSAVERS OPTICAL SUPERSTORES LIMITED
We say company, but when you join us, you’ll actually become part of a family.
This apprenticeship opportunity will give you the chance to spend 10-12 months building the skills and confidence that come with training in a paid full-time job, all the time surrounded by a friendly, highly-experienced team who will support you every step of the way. The apprenticeship duration is 13 months to allow time to apply and check your skills, knowledge and behaviour.
- Earn a salary whilst learning new skills
- Structured career opportunities for the future
- Get experience of full-time work and enjoy paid holidays
- Work for a friendly employer who values you
- Receive comprehensive and structured training
- Learn transferable as well as job-specific skills
And that’s just the start. With a highly respected and award-winning business behind you – one that invests in its people – there’s nothing to stop you getting on here. Who knows, you might even end up running your own store in years to come.
Day-to-day, you’ll help us out:
- By giving customers top-notch advice (as well as a warm welcome to the store)
- Booking in eye tests
- Pre-screening patients and measuring frames
- You’ll also make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible by looking out for any little problems that crop up
Your on-the-job training will sit alongside structured learning and off-the-job learning that will lead to you becoming a fully qualified Optical Assistant. But we’re just as happy to learn from you too, so being full of ideas will come in useful and could make a real difference to how we do things right across the business.
At the end of your apprenticeship, you'll be a fully-fledged Optical Assistant with a massive range of career options ahead of you.
Before applying, please bear in mind the salary and check that you are able to travel to the store location on a daily basis.
This is an entry level position, you must not have worked in the optical sector before.
- A willingness to learn
- Enthusiasm to deliver the great customer service our Specsavers visitors love
- First up, you’ll need GCSEs grades A-D/8-3 GCSE in both English Language and maths (or equivalent qualifications/predicted result)
Training to be provided:
- Level 2 Optical Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Specsavers will be providing the training
- Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.