Optical Apprentice (Retail) - Bath
VISION EXPRESS (UK) LIMITED
You’ll be supported every step of the way by dedicated training experts who are employed by Vision Express, not by a third-party training provider.
Daily duties will include:
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Observing dispenses
- Answering phone calls
- Performing eye health screens
Being an Apprentice with Vision Express means being in a unique role where you’ll learn new skills and have more responsibility and involvement than your normal retail job.
Our aim is to grow future talent for our business, getting the best Apprentices on board and we are prepared to put our money where our mouth is by paying over the national minimum wage for all our Apprentices.
Other benefits you can expect are:
- Excellent career opportunities
- A dedicated team and structured training including in store support from your assessor
- Varied Store Locations including shopping centres, high street and local towns
- Attractive company benefits including annual free eyewear and family and friends discount vouchers
You’ll also earn while you learn, gaining nationally recognised qualifications, equivalent to 5 A*-C 9/4 GCSEs (including GCSE English and maths if you don’t already have these or equivalent).
On completion of the programme we’ll invite you and your family to celebrate your success at a graduation ceremony before looking to place you in a permanent role in one of our stores.
- Here’s where Vision Express really stand out from the crowd. You’ll not only get the training and support you need to complete your apprenticeship, but we’ll help you become an expert in Optical Retailing
- You’ll also have the opportunity to grow a truly unique career, if that’s what you want. You might want to become a Manager or go on to be a Registered Optical professional
- Whatever your ambition maybe, the outcome is the same for everyone working at Vision Express – you’ll become an expert, delivering a truly individual service
- Effective communication skills
- Basic IT skills
- Organisational skills
- Committed to completing the VE Apprenticeship Programme – it will be hard work, so you’ll have to be organised and self - motivated
- A warm, welcoming personality
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to learning
- Enjoy working with others
- Honesty, patience and exceptional manners
- You’ll also need to understand the importance of maintaining high standards, including your own personal presentation and teamwork is also a big part of our culture, so the ability to work well with others is essential
- You don’t need any qualifications to apply for our scheme
- If you don’t already have GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English we’ll provide you with functional skills as part of your programme
Level 2 Optical Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Functional skills in maths and English (if not already received)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.