As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical devices, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. Discover what you are capable of and join the Apprenticeship Programme at our Diagnostic Imaging business in Sudbury. Over the course of your apprenticeship, you’ll gain skills through on the job and formal training at college. Over time, you’ll take on more responsibility and accountability as your skills, knowledge and expertise increases.
Fantastic challenge for any student to enter the world of Siemens medical devices and understand the world of manufacturing in accordance to FDA regulations. This apprenticeship will allow the candidate to work with the Operations teams across all Siemens Sudbury facilities and have a good understanding of all aspects of the company departments.
You’ll need to be available to begin this apprenticeship in September 2021 and will complete a 14-month Level 4 Leadership and Management, Improvement Practitioner or Associate Project Manager apprenticeship. We are looking for people who want to make a difference and who have a keen interest in Leadership and would like to progress into a Team Leader position.
Your mission and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Production manager you will be expected to understand and:
- Follow the sites Ergonomic, Health and Safety policy
- Demonstrate Lean / continuous improvement actions and participate in Kaizen events for the site delivering sustainable savings
- Demonstrate Siemens Quality Policy and systems how to write Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s) in the event of a non-conformance
- Develop a brief understanding of key departments within Siemens Healthineers and develop a broad range of essential skills and knowledge
- Demonstrate how to manufacture products
- Explain how products function
- Support the introduction of all new instruments, processes and equipment
- Demonstrate how to project manage a project to completion
- Demonstrate continuous improvement mindset
You will have the ability to develop your business competences and functional knowledge including:
- Learn how to lead a meeting and develop project management skills
- Maintain quality awareness
- Identifying potential opportunities, diagnose issues, propose solutions
We are looking for people who want to make a difference and who have a keen interest in Leadership and would like to progress into a Team Leader position.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A customer focused mind-set and approach
- Have a desire to develop skills in management
- Demonstrate a strong interest in digitalisation
- Enjoys collaborating and can work effectively in teams to find innovative solutions
- Be a confident communicator across all levels as well as take initiative for tasks
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly, take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
You must have:
- Achieved or be on track to achieve 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade C or above
- Achieved 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C or above (4 or higher)
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
You will complete a Level 4 Leadership and Management, Improvement Practitioner or Associate Project Manager apprenticeship. We are looking for people who want to make a difference and who have a keen interest in Leadership and would like to progress into a Team Leader position.