What will the apprentice be doing?
All 2022 apprentices to receive a £2500 sign on bonus upon starting an apprenticeship with Microsoft.
In response to the cost of living crisis, Microsoft want to ensure all members of staff are supported financially. Apply today and join an organisation who care about you and your future.
Operations is the beating heart that holds the business together. They support internal departments to help them achieve their own, and their customers goals. At Microsoft, this can be anything. From organising staff resources, through to managing projects to promote and grow the strong culture.
With job opportunities in a range of business areas, meeting different customer needs. By applying to an Operations role, you could find yourself as:
- Business Operations Specialist
- Resource Planning Specialist
You will work as part of a team to...
- Meet internal business goals and meet your customers - Microsoft employees
- Work across different pillars of priority. Such as people and culture, diversity and inclusion and strategic initiatives
- Put people at the heart of your work, acting with empathy and an understanding of their needs
- Work closely with customer facing teams to understand their needs
- Work with a range of Microsoft stakeholders, to achieve their business goals
- Prioritise tasks against business goals. Getting the right resource to the right place, at the right time
- Use a creative mindset to solve business problems. Thinking about what your customers need and how you can achieve that for them
To be successful at Microsoft you must…
- Have a growth mindset
- Be adaptable and embrace change
- Love to work in a fast-paced environment
- Be a great communicator
- Have a desire to learn
- Be a team player
To succeed in this role, you must…
- Have strong interpersonal skills, able to build relationships easily
- Have the ability to adapt your communication to a range of teams and people
- Be highly organised, able to effectively manage both your time and work priorities
Microsoft can't achieve their mission to empower everyone on the planet to achieve more unless their employees can do their best work. Their perks, benefits, and everything between are essential to their success. Some small, some large, all necessary. Microsoft offers its apprentices:
- Generous time away
- Discounts on products and services
- Giving programmes
- Access to well-being programmes
- On-site fitness centre at a discounted rate
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
Microsoft operate in a Hybrid Working environment. In simple terms, this means your working life can be split between home and your contracted place of work. As an apprentice you and your manager are empowered to find the flexible balance that works for you. Trips to your contracted place of work will be required from time to time.
*PLEASE NOTE: you can only apply to ONE role in the 2022 Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme and we will only consider your first application. If you submit more than one application this could delay our ability to process this. Please ensure you apply to your first choice Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme only*
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will study for a Level 3 Digital Accelerator (Business Administration) qualification over this 18-month apprenticeship. You will spend 80% of your time learning on the job, and 20% working towards your apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Microsoft want all of their apprentices to achieve their full potential. After your Level 3 apprenticeship they’ll work with you to find the best next step. That might be a permanent role, or a chance to progress to a degree level apprenticeship. Progression isn’t guaranteed, but Microsoft offers a world of opportunities for high performers.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 GCSE's including Maths and English (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential