A normal day would include:
- Financial administration including credit control, working with clients to obtain invoicing information and purchase orders, and completing supplier registration forms
- Proof-reading documentation and using online signature systems to send offers of employment, terms of business and other key business documents
- Managing contractor administration including preparing and sending client and temporary contractor paperwork, utilising the online contractor management system to set up new assignments and contacts, and monitoring contractor renewals
- Office management, including liaising with office service providers, maintaining stock supplies and hygiene standards in the office, ordering new equipment, implementing seating plans and running risk assessments
- Facilitating new starters, including sending offer and contract paperwork, creating accounts across all company software, setting up users in payroll and pension systems, setting up PC and phone and organising induction process
- Assist with day-to-day running of IT systems, including database administration, first-line troubleshooting for staff issues and liaising with technical support on more complex queries
- Other ad-hoc duties as required – the company is developing and evolving quickly, and we are keen to take suggestions and assign responsibilities as things change
What you could go on to do:
Depending on your interest and ability, this role could develop into a Finance, HR, or Operations Manager role, or even a hybrid. The previous person in this role is now Head of Operations and is on track for a Financial Director role. Salary will increase dependent on career path, from £20k per annum upwards.
How you will be supported:
Full training and support will be provided by The Growth Company to help you achieve your apprenticeship and reach your full potential in your role.
You will work closely with the Head of Operations who will provide on-the-job training, as well as with senior managers within the business. You will have weekly reviews when you start the role, and monthly one-to-ones throughout your employment to assess your performance, provide an opportunity for feedback and ensure you are receiving any additional training and support required.
What will happen next:
New applicants to The Growth Company who meet any basic entry requirements of the role will be contacted within two working days to be invited to meet a member of our team. You will then have the opportunity to find out:
- More about this vacancy and any others you are suitable for
- Any training you need to complete
- What the next steps will be
How you could get there:
If you would be catching public transport for this role, visit the Journey Planner on www.tfgm.com to see how you would get there and how long it would take.
Possible progression within the company and progression onto the next-level apprenticeship upon completion.
- Good organisational skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive in understanding what needs to be done, and on what timeframe
- Multitasking effectively, and able to move quickly from one task to another, or return to a task when interrupted
- Ability to maintain calm under pressure
- High level of attention to detail
5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)