Operations Apprentice - River Learning Trust Central Team
(Located at Gosford Hill School within The River Learning Trust, Oxford Road, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 2NT)
Main purpose of role:
We’re looking for a motivated, hard-working and highly efficient coordinator with meticulous attention to detail and key administration skills. You should relish the challenge of working in a busy team and must be able to demonstrate previous experience of delivering quality work to tight deadlines in a customer service environment.
This role will provide specialist support and guidance in facilities management to schools as appropriate under the direction of operations director. The responsibilities include (but not limited to) health & safety and premises management.
You will be fully trained in all of the following duties:
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors acting on behalf of the trust and/or schools
- Provide support to schools to ensure they update and monitor their asset management records.
- Scheduling of Water monitoring visits across all schools including diary entries & follow up to assure completed
- Monitoring of ‘RMC Asset Guard’ system following routine scheduled visits. Capturing and reporting any issues following visits
- Organisation of premises specific training
- Scheduling of compliance inspection dates to include kitchen servicing, kitchen & extraction cleaning, lightning protection, PAT testing
- Ensuring contractor documents including insurance documents are in date
- Ensuring contractor safeguarding training & DBS details are completed
- To provide advice and guidance to all trust schools to ensure robust health & safety compliance is maintained and to ensure continual policy improvement in areas of fire prevention, fire alarm, water checks, asbestos and risk assessments and general site safety etc.
- To produce risk reports to the operations director with recommended solutions to correct compliance shortcomings and promote good practice throughout the trust
- Support schools to ensure audit actions are completed and carry out regular site visits to schools to support and evidence compliance.
- Keep Trust monitoring records up to date through weekly reviews (eg. operations risk; H&S audits and inspections; H&S audit reports actions; risk assessment Register)
- Monitoring and reporting on H&S compliance through SafeSmart
- Monitoring & reporting on H&S training through Safesmart
- Responsibility for assigning central office training on Safesmart
- Collating & reporting any actions which may have arisen from inspections & R.A to include fire, asbestos legionella & H&S audits
- Scheduling of school H&S Audits when required.
- Responsible for monitoring Safesmart users are correctly added to the system and standard trust wide courses are added following recruitment drives or termly changes
- Coordination of trust wide CLEAPSS membership renewal
- Collate data and make recommendations to support the centralisation of contracts across schools
- Support the roll out of successfully awarded new contracts
Potential for a permanent role within the Trust for the right candidate and on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role. Should the right candidate be found prior to the closing date, then the vacancy may be closed early.
The River Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (1 from current/latest employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role.
Apprenticeship Assessment and Information Session
Any new person applying for apprenticeship roles where Abingdon and Witney College deliver the training will be required to complete a series of initial assessments (required prior to any apprenticeship offer) and essential paperwork.
As a new Apprenticeship applicant you will only have to undergo this process once. If you would like to talk to us about the assessments or if you would need any extra support to attend the Apprenticeship Assessment and Information Session please call us on 01235 216216.
By applying for this vacancy you are giving Abingdon and Witney College permission to undertake a Learner Record Service check on your previous qualifications. We make every effort to ensure that applicants from non-traditional academic backgrounds or those who may not have the formal GCSE entry requirements can access apprenticeships where possible.
The National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £4.81 per hour from April 2022 but many employers pay more than this. This applies to 16 - 18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over during the first year of their apprenticeship. After this, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Wage for apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
- Excellent time management skills
- A willingness to be flexible & able to work occasional early evenings
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Excellent organisation and communication skills both verbal and in writing
- High ability to achieve results & meet deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems including MS Office
- A good sense of humour
- Strong interest in Health and Safety and Premises
- GCSEs at Grade 4/C (or equivalent) or above including maths and English,
- Preference wil be given to those who have studied to A level/ BTEC or similar post 16 education or training.
Business Administrator Apprenticeship - Overview
Your role may involve working independently or as part of a team and will involve developing, implementing, maintaining, and improving administrative services. Business administrators develop key skills and behaviours to support their own progression towards management responsibilities.
- 15 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Work-based training with your employer
- 10 days business Professionals training at college
- Approximately 12 on-site assessment visits per year
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job training will count for at least 20% of an apprentice’s time at work
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths
End Point Assessment:
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project/improvement presentation