- To work in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge which will enable completion of any agreed qualifications and progress future career aspects
- To provide support to the main functions of the business by completing a set departmental rotation and development plan in order to gain a complete understanding of the business
Main responsibilities will include:
- To undertake a development programme leading to agreed Qualification as part of an apprenticeship
- To actively participate in their own development plan agreed with the CSR/L&D team, mentors and directors
- As directed, undertake a rotation plan to develop knowledge and practical skills in all areas of the business
- To complete all prior agreed skills/tasks outlined in the apprentice skills profiles supplied at each rotation
- To undertake other duties i.e. attending Careers Fairs to promote our Apprenticeship Scheme at Stateside
- To achieve personal appraisal targets, as agreed with Mentor
- To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder
Company Responsibilities – All employees throughout the business should observe the following areas of responsibility:
To ensure a personal understanding of the Performance Management System and its benefits and demonstrate a willingness to participate in its use, including accepting constructive feedback.
To take opportunities to learn about own performance and demonstrate the Stateside Foods behaviours:
- Acting with integrity
- Being self-motivated
- Being reliable
- Delivering business results
- Communicating effectively
- Aiming to continually innovate and improve
- Leading others
- Promoting teamwork
Health & Safety:
To participate in the promotion of a safe working culture on Site, ensuring that safety of yourself and others on Site is maintained at all times by adhering to all health and safety systems as outlined in the Stateside Foods Health and Safety Policy.
- To ensure a safe standard of working in your work area
- To demonstrate safe working practices and behave in an appropriate manner at all times
- Ensuring that suitable and sufficient Personnel Protective Clothing is being worn correctly at all times and is relevant to the area you are working in
- Be accountable for the reporting off all accident, incidents dangerous occurrences and near misses to your manager
- To achieve and improve upon departmental and individual health & safety objectives and KPI’s
Ensure all hygiene rules are followed at all times including:
- Hand washing
- Jewellery and foreign body policies
- Reporting of specified illness
- Correct wearing of protective clothing
Ensure all Company procedures and work instructions are followed and report and take action on any breach which may compromise food safety including:
- Control of Critical Control Points
- Control of Allergens
Commit to the Company's Quality system procedures and ensure they meet job specific and business needs (e.g. addressing nonconformities, customer complaints etc.)
You will have ongoing training, and this is incorporated into you Apprenticeship.
Potential Shift work of 14:00 - 22:00 or 22:00 - 06:00.
Some manual lifting.
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Adapt to change
- IT skills - Good knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English and will require a minimum of 104-112 tariff points at A2 (BCC-BBC) or equivalent (such as DMM on BTEC Extended Diploma). A GCSE at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in ICT would also be desirable.
Degree level Chartered Manager apprenticeship standard.
Apprentices will develop skills in communication, presentation and team working, quickly building the confidence to work successfully with clients and colleagues.
The core curriculum focuses on organisational performance, personal effectiveness and project skills.
- Managing Customer and Stakeholder Relations
- Dynamic Business and Digital Context
- Introduction to Projects and Portfolio
- Managing and Leading People
- Sales and Marketing
- Initial Business Project
- Operations and Technology Management
- Project Development
- Synoptic Business Project
- Strategy, Digital and Leadership
- Business Portfolio