Duties and Responsibilities:
To assist in the implementation of the school’s marketing and communication strategy by undertaking the following, under the direction of the Principal and Publications and Images Team:
- Produce, update and monitor content across all school social media platforms
- Produce and update regular content for the school website
- Coordinate content to produce a bi-weekly e-newsletter for parents, staff and students
- Source regular new content, including text, images and/or video, from all areas of the school, to share with the wider community
- Monitor activity and engagement of all school online platforms
- Produce copy for local and/or national news publications to promote school events & positive stories
- Liaise with BEST Communications Manager to promote appropriate BEST content across website and social media
- To actively promote and market the SWA brand
- To manage own workload and use own initiative to solve problems and complete tasks
- To ensure compliance with, and application of, all current legislation and policies and to keep abreast of new government guidance and policy
- To maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information in line with GDPR
- Ensure compliance with and application of the academy’s requirements with regard to data equality and diversity and health and safety, including demonstrating respect for others, fair and impartial behaviour in dealing with all people and maintaining a healthy and safe environment by taking reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of other persons
- In line with the academy’s policies to: act as a role model for the academy’s values both within the team and wider BEST organisation
- Behave in ways consistent with the staff code of conduct and the academy’s competencies; integrate sustainable development into all areas of work; manage personal and career development
- To attend staff meetings, participate in performance management reviews and undertake training and development activities
- To maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school-related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential or sensitive information
- To liaise with all stakeholders internal and external to the organisation as required, promoting the best interests of BEST at all times
Things to consider:
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from the BEST Principals to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
Applicants must be willing to undertake a DBS clearance and the Academy must receive two satisfactory references before the successful candidate can commence employment.
A permanent position may be on offer upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues & students
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Ability to work independently and use own initiative
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good IT skills
- Willingness to be flexible
- Ability to prioritise work
- Work with high levels of professionalism
5 GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above/equivalent including English and maths.
- Training with Milton Keynes College
- Ongoing training, support and development with the employer
- Digital Marketer L3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required