- To work as part of a team, supporting colleagues to deliver an excellent administrative service.
- To organise work tasks and duties to meet agreed standards and time frames.
- To undertake daily administrative tasks such as data entry and processing.
- Managing telephone enquiries and message taking where necessary.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail.
- To use internal IT applications and databases effectively to deliver administrative tasks.
- To communicate effectively with customers and colleagues in relation to work undertaken.
- To work with others and participate in meetings to help improve work organisation and effectiveness.
- To follow health and safety practices.
- Any other ad-hoc tasks required by the team or senior management.
- To secure a permanent position within the business.
- This is an application to study an apprenticeship with the SMB Group (Stephenson Brooksby Melton College). Before being considered for a formal interview with the employer, you will be required to apply and be accessed and have an initial interview by the college.
- As an apprentice you can apply for an NUS Apprentice extra card which can be used at hundreds of high street and online brands. https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
- Your future colleagues are very supportive and friendly!
- Excellent computer skills with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office in particularly Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workload with good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Strong numerical skills
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team
- Ability to work confidentially and to treat issues with sensitivity
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy
- GCSE English and Maths Grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
- (If you do not already meet these criteria, Stephenson College will ask you to sit initial assessments to indicate which level you are currently working at)
- Functional skills if necessary.
- On-the-job training.
- Off-the-job training.