What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting in key areas of the business to provide additional support as and when required.
- HR support with administration tasks and onboarding of new employees
- Internal travel and leisure organisation and booking.
- Photocopying, filing, scanning of company documents.
- Ordering of stationery and upkeep of the stationery and stock cupboard.
- Managing and distributing all ingoing and outgoing post and couriers.
- Maintaining the upkeep of board and meeting rooms, along with organising the diaries for both and refreshments during key meetings.
- Greeting clients and assisting taking them to the appropriate meeting.
- First point of contact for all guests and visitor, including ensuring they are signed in, escorting them to the appropriate room and then signed out.
- Assisting in ensuring that the procedures of the office are adhered to in relation to our ISO accreditation’s.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As a Business Administration Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Business Administrator Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures and workplace support.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To be promoted internally
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Initiative, Outlook and Word
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Any inc Maths and English (Grade C or 4 and above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade C and above) Essential