To undertake a range of reception / administrative duties so that a consistently high standard of service and support is provided to staff, pupils, parents and visitors, specifically:
- Assist with reception duties and deputise in the case of absence, acting as a first point of contact for staff, students, parents, visitors and contractors.
- Assist with general administration duties which may include communicating with parents by letter, email, phone or using the school's communication system.
- Assist with the receipt of items delivered into school, liaising with the finance assistant when required.
- Supporting the finance team in processing orders, invoices and payments.
- Supporting the finance team in producing reports and analysis as required.
- Providing support to the reprographics assistant as required to produce lesson materials.
The role will also include work in other finance, business and admin roles which will develop the candidate's understanding and experience in business administration.
The apprenticeship is intended to develop a broad range of skills & experience for the post-holder, enabling them to apply for a permanent administrative role in our school, should a vacancy arise. While we cannot guarantee a permanent position, the skills developed would equip them well for any administrative role elsewhere.
The role will be based in the busy front office in the school, and the successful applicant will need to demonstrate calmness and flexibility at busy times. They will need to have excellent communication skills to communicate with parents, students and staff. This post is for 38 weeks per year, school term time only therefore the length of the apprenticeship will be extended to accommodate for this.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills, evidenced by GCSE grades Computer literacy, able to work with Microsoft Office and to learn new systems
- Good organisation skills
- Good problem solving ability
- A calm and flexible approach
- Friendly and personable
A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 5/C+ or above, including grade 6/B or higher in English Language and Mathematics or equivalent qualifications is essential.
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship.