Duties will include screening telephone calls, dealing with parents/carers and visitors, enquiries and requests and handling them when appropriate, whilst maintaining confidentiality at all times. Other duties will also include carrying out accurate word processing, operating spreadsheets/databases (including sims), managing electronic diaries, and email.
Administrative and Customer Service Duties
- To contribute to the effective day to day management of the school office
- To receive incoming calls; reply, redirect and take messages as required
- To make telephone calls on behalf of the Headteacher and school staff
- To prepare notices and information for families paper based
- To help and distribute termly newsletters
- To administer examination process
- Responsible for ensuring pupil records on SIMS are accurate and up to date including medical information
- Responsible for pupil records, paper based and electronic details are up to date
- Input attendance marks on register on SIMS
- Ring parents if pupils not arrived at school and put notes on SIMS
- Analysis of attendance
- Discovery analysis
- Pass on to Designated Safeguarding Lead any concerns
Working with Families and Children
- To liaise with parents and professionals regarding pupil welfare, passing on messages to relevant staff
- To liaise with school health officials and support arrangements for medical, dental and audiologist
- Other appropriate duties as requested by the Head Teacher including any other office roles in the absence of other staff members
Upon completion an apprentice may wish to progress onto a Level 3 Apprenticeship or other Level 3 qualification options.
This is term time only - 39 weeks per year.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn the organisational and administrative structure of the school
- Evidence of high level Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and Outlook
- The ability to input/extract electronic data as directed
- Able to carry out set instructions and seek clarification where necessary
- Able to prioritise daily workload
- Good numerical skills to record routine statistical information accurately
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within set procedures and to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and willing to participate in development and training opportunities
- Ability to work well under pressure and respond calmly to emergencies
- A commitment to working as part of the whole school team and supporting the vision and ethos of the school
- Smart, pleasant and friendly manner
- Punctual and reliable
- Commitment to the safeguarding of children
- Honesty and transparency in all business activities
- Enthusiastic, able to motivate others.
5 GCSEs A*-C/9-4 to include maths and English or equivalent.
You will attend South Thames College for your off the job training. During this time you will cover;
The Customer Service Standard will enable apprentices to deliver high quality products and services to customers of their organisation.
The course will cover understanding the different needs of customers and managing their expectations. The apprentice will also understand their organisation's core values, policies and procedures including any complaints processes and digital media policies.