Aspire Training is currently looking for a passionate and hardworking individual to complete their Level 2 Childcare diploma during a 15 month apprenticeship with Twynham House Nursery in Christchurch.
Twynham House is a family-run nursery school in the heart of Christchurch. Their high quality-learning environment is a working testimony of respect for the child as a unique individual. Children there should regard Twynham House as their own home where they can flourish and feel confident that their needs will be met and respected. Twynham House pride themselves in their dedication to childcare, which will exceed every parent’s expectations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to take their first steps towards a career in childcare, learning from qualified and experienced childcare professionals, being involved in all aspects of childcare whilst working towards your Level 2 diploma in Childcare.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Assist with setting up and planning activities
- Participating in activities and interacting with children
- Assisting with trips out
- Participating in Forest school activities
- Supporting with children’s feeding & personal care
- Feeding back to parents on their child’s progress (once trained
- Ensuring the health and safety of all children at all times
- Cleaning duties within the setting
- Observing the children and feeding back
- To be punctual and professional at all times
- To keep up to date on all apprenticeship coursework
The ideal candidate will be a caring and reliable individual with a passion for working with Children who will be committed to gaining their qualifications in this field. In the event that you wish to progress onto a Level 3 qualification, you will need to hold at least a grade C/4 in both your Maths and English Language GCSE’s, or alternatively a Level 2 in both maths & English Language Functional Skills (or equivalent).
You will also need to be a great team player, must understand the importance of time keeping, reliability and flexibility.
You will need to be flexible with your working hours, be available Monday to Friday between 7:30am and 6pm, working around 40 hours a week.
- Potential to gain permanent employment within the setting
When starting a qualification in childcare you will be asked to carry out basic tasks such as washing up, changing nappies and clearing away toys. You will gain more responsibility with time.
You must be able to make your own way to the setting, so please make sure you are within a suitable distance to commute to the setting and that the travel time is reasonable.
- Communication Skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to interact with children
- Be an active team member
- Motivated and willing to achieve a Level 2 in childcare
- GCSE's at grade C/4 or above in English and maths or equivalent i.e. Functional skills - desired but not essential
- Must be able to obtain a clear DBS
- Early Years Practitioner Level 2 apprenticeship standard
- English and maths Level 1