An apprenticeship gives you the opportunity to earn as you learn, you will gain on the job experience to complete a Level 2 Diploma in Early Education. With the support and guidance from our experienced team you will thrive in a motivating setting. You will be supported and trained to provide a happy, healthy and caring environment for children to explore, develop and grow. In return we would like you to be dedicated and committed to giving children individual attention so that their social, emotional and intellectual aspects are fully nurtured.
Your training will also involve you learning the skills to be able to:
- Effectively Safeguard the children in our care
- Create and maintain strong bonds with Key children and their parents
- Provide all aspects of high quality care for the children including changing and feeding in all age groups
- Observe, assess and plan activities using the EYFS to enable children to develop and progress throughout their early years
- Adhere to all nursery policies and procedures
Your daily duties will include but not be limited to:
- To promote seven areas of learning and development, in accordance with the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To support children aged 6 weeks to 5 years with their learning and development
- To use the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum to help children reach their full potential
- To plan, implement and evaluate a range of activities suitable for children’s individual needs and stage of development
- To work alongside parents and to work as part of a team
- To undertake some domestic duties
- To support some children with special educational needs
- To assist with children’s transition periods
- To keep up to date with record keepingTo attend regular staff meetings and training
To be employed as a qualified Nursery Nurse, past apprentices have worked their way up to be supervisors.
- Good communication skills
- Quick learner
- Hard working
- A keen interest in children’s early education
- A positive outlook
- Bags of enthusiasm
- A strong work ethic
- Empathy for others
- A professional attitude towards work
GCSE’s passes are preferred but not essential as Functional Skills in maths and English will be completed.
PARAGON SKILLS have the ENERGY & EXPERIENCE to give you the EDGE in starting your career. Our Learning and Development Coaches will deliver outstanding teaching and learning to help ENERGISE you to complete your apprenticeship training and leave you confident to EXECUTE tasks to the highest standard.
Paragon will provide the training for this apprenticeship within your company’s site therefore there is no need for you to attend an outside training facility at any time.
On completion of this apprenticeship you will receive:
- Diploma Level 2 in Childcare
- Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT Employment (if required)
- Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills