Your roles and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Working as a team to support the children in our care
- Supporting children and their families
- Activity Planning
- Provided outstanding care
- Opportunity to apply for a full-time position following the apprenticeship
- Must possess the skills required to rapidly count the heads of numerous moving small people. This is of the utmost importance
- Must have the ability to read a ten-page story, upside down, with at least 4 interruptions per page
- Has a warm smiling face that makes every child feel special
- Is able to laugh at jokes they don't understand, or don't find funny!
- Preferably has a little bit of quirkiness
- If a child requests that they be a captain of a pirate ship, they will be the best pirate captain they can be!
- Feels comfortable telling everybody in the same room as them that they are going to the toilet!
- Doesn't have to have the ability to be able to sing in tune, but must have the confidence to sing out of tune in front of a crowd
- Must be able to distribute warm hugs, as and when required
- Must be comfortable entering public places on the way home from work, with unknown substances on their clothing
- Must have a high level of comfort talking about bodily functions
- Must have the ability to pretend to eat playdough creations realistically. This is an essential requirement along with drinking numerous cups of pretend tea
- Must be prepared to have lots of fun in the workplace. Laughter is something you can expect to engage in for a large part of your working day
- Loves being outside come rain or shine. At Mumbles we love the great outdoors
- Finally, you must be prepared to feel loved, special and important to many young children and their families
- GCSE grades x 5 C's (new grade 4) or above are desired but not essential
- Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
- On completion of this 12-month apprenticeship you will have achieved: Level 2 Childcare