What will the apprentice be doing?
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- To ensure the children are cared for in a happy, secure and stimulating environment
- To have knowledge, understanding and confidence in keeping children safe and implement our safeguarding procedures appropriately
- Carry out a key person role building effective relationships with the parents and children and meeting their children’s individual care and learning needs
- Supervise, observe, encourage and support the children in meeting their personal targets, through their interests ensuring they progress and develop leading them onto the path of school readiness
- To plan, prepare and deliver the curriculum with the team to consistently meet the requirements of the EYFS
- To establish a trusting relationship with parents through working in partnership with them, giving daily informative feedback in order to meet their child’s needs
- Adhere to all the policies and procedures set out by the nursery
- To work as part of a team and with outside agencies supporting children’s needs appropriately
- Undertake our mandatory induction program
- Highest standards of Health & Safety & well being
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be observed in the nursery as well as attending training at our in house training centre
- You will receive a Level 3 qualification in Paediatric first aid
- You will receive the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification/ standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
In addition to the childcare qualification the company also offers, First Aid, Managing children behaviour and safeguarding training. Progression opportunities into full-time career.
Reality CheckWe offer many benefits for staff including discounted childcare rates, pension, long service benefits, free uniform, Annual awards evening, FREE DBS check & an opportunity to develop your career within a progressive and forward-thinking company: • Regular reflective performance reviews to support you in the career path of choice. • Succession planning and excellent career opportunities. • Growing dynamic successful company • Excellent Training facilities • Personal Assessor and a dedicated training support team
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Initiative, Innovative, Ambitious, Share ideas
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 4/C-9/A) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C-9/A) Essential