Cheeky Monkeys are looking for a Nursery Nurse Apprentice to be able help run the day to day routine of the nursery. The apprentice will encourage and support children in play and learning and to help with day to day activity routines.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Encourage learning through play
- To help observe children
- Support and encourage children with self care
- Supporting staff on a day to day basis
- Working as a team
- To promote equality and diversity throughout the setting
- To respect confidentiality
- Take part in planning activities
- To attend any training offered
- Attend staff meetings
Cheeky Monkey's may be able to offer a full time or part time employment upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of the Bedford College Apprenticeship Recruitment Team. Please note this is part of the recruitment process and must be completed in order for your application to be progressed to the next stage.
Only candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
- Good communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Good teamwork skills
- Use initiative
- To be able plan and organise
- Good multi-tasking abilities
- Good punctuality and time keeping
- Good appearance (suitable clothing/uniform)
- Supporting others
- Eager to learn
To be considered for this role you will need GCSEs at grades 9-3 (A*-D) or equivalent including English and maths.
*This role is for a Level 2 AND Level 3 Childcare*
You will gain the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required)
You will also study a range of topics, including Introducing the role of the early years practitioner, legislation, framework and professional practice, play, development and learning for school and Professional development