Working Monday to Friday over a 34 hour working week, the apprentice will have the opportunity to work with a range of age groups, covering the key Units of Competence for the L2 Diploma. For further progression at L3, there will be opportunity to cover child observations and undertake key working responsibilities.
Working with a range of children aged of 0-5 years, your day will include:
- A range of activities with the children, crafts, reading, drawing, singing etc.
- Supervising breakfast and lunch
- Assisting with toileting and hygiene
- Outdoor play spaces
- Gardens and farm animals
Each day to be different and exciting!
We’ll help you to further develop your knowledge of child development and the Early Years Foundation Stage with training and support.
Progression onto Level 3 qualification.
Candidates must be able to travel to and from the workplace.
Only candidates with a genuine interest in childcare will be considered.
- Great if able to work on own initiative
- Outgoing personality
- Commitment to a pathway of learning within a vocational setting
- Willingness to work within a team
- A willingness to learn about all facets of childcare
- Good numeracy (GCSE or equivalent A-C/8-4 grades) is desirable but not essential
- Good literacy (GCSE or equivalent A-C/8-4 grades) is desirable but not essential
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills if necessary